Argan Oil has been used as a miracle worker for hair, skin and nails for centuries. In recent years, its popularity has caught on all over the world because of its versatility and effectiveness in treating everything from dry cuticles to acne. Argan Oil is rich in nutrients such as Vitamin E and an omega-6 fatty acid called Linoleic Acid that has anti-inflammatory properties.
Some great uses for Argan Oil include:
- Face Moisturizer : Massage a few drops into your face after cleansing. As a ‘dry’ oil, it absorbs very quickly so it can even be beneficial for those with oily skin. During the chilly winter months, massaging a few drops in your face to wear under a rich night cream will also benefit the skin and help protect it from dry, harsh conditions.
- Facial Toner: To add moisturizing benefits, you can add a few drops of this product to your favorite daily toner.
- Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer: To soothe lips and add moisture, add a few drops of Argan oil to fine brown sugar and lightly massage the mixture on your lips in a circular motion and rinse off with water.
- Glowing Skin: Add a few drops of Argan Oil to your foundation or bronzer to give your skin a dewy glow.
- Leave-on Conditioner: After you shower, massage a few drops of Argan Oil into the ends of your damp hair. This is especially helpful if you use heat with a blow-dryer, hair straightener or curling iron because it will protect and nourish the ends of your hair.
- Tame Frizz: Massage a few drops into dry hair by dropping some Argan Oil in your palms and rubbing them together and distributing evenly on your hair. This will also make your hair shine!
- Overnight Hair Treatment: Massage a few drops into your hair before bed and wrap your hair. This is great if you’ve recently had your hair chemically processed.
- Cuticle Treatment: Massage a few drops of Argan Oil into your cuticles and nails to moisturize and encourage nail growth. This will also be a huge help for dry, brittle nails.
- Heel Softener: Before bed, massage a few drops into your heels and feet and cover your feet with socks. They will be much softer in the morning!
- Body Oil: Massage a few drops into the skin on your body after the shower, the moisture will last all day. If you like scented products, you can mix it with a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Bath Oil: Add a few drops to running water along with some essential oils such as lavender and relax.
- Under Eye Treatment: Massage a small amount under the eyes and on the eyelids to moisturize and protect the delicate skin there.
- Skin Disorders: The anti-inflammatory components of Argan Oil can are beneficial to conditions such as acne, eczema and rosacea.
When you are looking for Argan Oil, one that is 100% pure and organic will give you the maximum benefits. We really <3 the Aura Cacia Argan Oil because it is organic and ethically sourced. It is availalble for $17.99 a bottle at I LOVE HEALTH – for a product that will last you months and replace many other products you currently use it is a fantastic value!